I am not tired of waiting

It takes a lot of space before the source of pain becomes distant that we'd perceived it's no longer a threat. I am bound to teach in August. For about four months of vacation and waiting, I have been re-thinking the decisions I have done.Leaving DLSU was one of the biggest decisions I made this year. The one I dreaded, the one with the largest risk.

Some of my students say that I am missed. One say that class would never be the same without me. Others don't mind. Most of them are indifferent. If I were them, I'd react the same. I feel like a classroom has a natural tendency to maintain itself. If a teacher leaves the class, a strong student would take the lead. If the students are not on track, the teacher guides. So, the classroom will go on circles; maintaining itself to achieve its own end.

I don't know what's waiting for me in UP. I've stayed in UP for five years. I left for a year then I am going back to my home. This time, not to just study, but to teach. No, not just to teach, but to learn.

I just need to wait for another month. I miss the routine. I miss learning a lot from the students and the process. There's much to learn and re-learn.

I am not tired of waiting.

Comments

Popular Posts