Who's got the worst life?

When our home was devastated by a supertyphoon, leaving only a roof and some remains of our old house, it also brought my heart into wreck. If there’s one thing that had kept my esteem compact, that was our house, that was our home, and now it is gone. During these times, the guidance of a father could have made it easier for us. With his authority and leadership we could have moved on with ease. But he hadn’t been around after a cardiac arrest took his last breath.
By the time it happened, my mother was not at her best state. We were financially struggling, and that made the thing worst. We’re stuck.
The typhoon didn’t delay the outset of a new semester though. While we were planning to rebuild our home, the university once again reminded me of my stacking unpaid bills.
Everything was happening too fast and there’ one thing that’s running inside my head: could things get worse?
And it did.
A relative died not long after. And Adele (my 18k cat) strayed away.
Could this get worse?
Yes it could, I thought. Things will certainly get worse, I conclude. So, this is what I realized: I have the worst life if I focus on myself.
After that, I’ve started seeing people with worse problems, personalities, and life, yet I don't regard mine better than theirs.

(Photo source: Pilipino Star)

Comments

Popular Posts