On Building Effective Systems

Clark working out, with laptop in a cafe



First-quarter of the year has ended and it feels like a hell week in the university all over again. This is the time of the year when I sit down and assess what’s happened. Starting this year, I approached my goals in quarters. I promised myself to do one big project per quarter and focus on that. This is the first time I’m doing this.

As I, try to recall what’s happened in the past three months, I feel like I’m being handed my report card in my programming class. I lazily attended the classes and I’m just crossing my fingers to pass. To think of it, my reaction was actually irrational. There’s nothing that will change whether or not I feel bad about it. But I can’t help it either.

Here’s what I’ve written and expect to do in the first month of the year:

  1. Build good habits that are beneficial for my health.

  2. Get rid of  bad habits that drag me financially, and build good habits

    that may generate wealth.

  3. Finish the draft of my thesis proposal.

  4. Finish the draft of a writing venture.

I am not gonna detail all the things I do to make sure these things will get done. With the grace of God, I’ve accomplished everything except for the last one. I failed because I scrapped the whole concept in the first week of March. Had I continued writing, I would have finished the first draft. Well, to give me some credit, I had a good going in the first two months making me finish the 30% of the draft.

Except for the time-bound projects, notice that I was more focused on building foundations by changing my habits. That is because I plan to do it for good and not just achieve a goal and stop. I know results will follow, but the process is key. Good systems will always yield results.

What will a year of hard work look like?

I’m excited to see it myself.

Comments

Popular Posts