Outgrowing a Friend

At least tell me you have been writing or listening to podcasts. Tell me that you have been preoccupied with something else and not just about your romanticized relationships. 

Find your muse. Create your art. Don't invite me for a drink, not unless we would sit on a conversation. Because I do not want to hear monologue of self-hurt and a cycle of loneliness. I used to think that you need me, and with that you would help yourself.

But I no longer know you. I cannot find a trace of gratefulness in your stories. With the countless shared experiences that we have, I don't get why I need to sit down with you and act as if I still care.

Maybe because you are too indifferent now. I have memorized your lines. I can read that part where you would ask for my help and then not show up for ages. You know I can predict you, but I just chose to not care even if I knew that you are taking me for granted.

Old pal, don't show up too soon. You need to be with yourself. For now, that is.





Comments

Popular Posts