An unlovely point on love

I don't know much about being in-love. I don't consider myself in that state right now. Some of my students were asking me about that, and the best answer I could give was a nod. Truth is, I haven't been in love for years.

However, I hated myself when I was one. I don't want to be that kind of person again (more of my responses when I was admittedly in-love). So, I use a simple analogy to understand it: being in-love is to ideas as loving is to people.

I don't believe that this strong chemical-inducing action is born of genuine emotion. This is brought about by our thoughts. If you think you're in-love at first sight, it's because of your "idea" of that person.

Better, love without being in-love.

It need not be reciprocated.

Each moment spent for that is a gain.

It is freedom.

Comments

Popular Posts