Paradox of Choice (Again)

I received e-mails from two of my dream work institutions. It made the temptation to leave my current work bigger. After all, their reply is a product of a long shot. I didn't expect I would get in. Because of that (coincidence fallacy), the temptation to leave is greater.

Added to that, is my tendency for neophilia. Just like anyone else, new opportunities excites me making me think that where I am currently at is not the best. I want something new. I want something perfect. More perfect, as others would say.

If anything else, I would want my choice to be something I have made and not just something I am stuck at. This process of choosing might be hard, but I know in the end I still need to consult one thing --- principles.

To break the paradox of choice, in picking the seemingly equal options, principles (whether Godly or not) will be the deciding factor.

Comments

Popular Posts