Boundaries

I learned it the hard way. A year of teaching made me realize that I should always remind myself of what I want and what I don't.

For instance, I want real friendships. The one that doesn't include talking back and hidden remorse.

Also, I don't want conflict. As much as possible, I don't want to engage in needless arguments. But conflicts are part of building real friendships. When someone is out of line, I point it out, as they do exactly the same whenever it's my fault.

What you want, sometimes, come after enduring what you don't want. Nobody wants hardship, but everyone wants security. 

And we are all well aware that the latter can only be achieved by enduring the former.

So what do you do now?

Are you going to say that you don't like what your friend just did? 

You can do that. Or you can remain silent until the friendship no longer does what it should serve.

Comments

Craftdeology said…
Ha, yes. "What you want, sometimes, come after enduring what you don't want. Nobody wants hardship, but everyone wants security."

Popular Posts