I don't want to wait in February

Again, people will feel the coldness of February breeze. There's no snow in the Philippines, no winter either. Yet we feel cold, freezing people.

It's no surprise since we're a tropical country who's used to the warm of the sun. And we're used to the warmth of a  company; used to the security of the intimacy; used to the wide blanket of affirmations our loved ones lay. I am alone this month most of the time. Somehow, all these are stranger to me, as if they hadn't really come.

I don't want to wait in February for these. They can visit without me expecting. I prefer the comfort of solitude, silent mornings with coffee. At night, I'm comfortable with the stories of my heroes.Their inspiration laid bare on white pages as I feel them. Digital, yes, but still as effective.

One of my students asked me if I am okay. If I will still be okay now that February will be just a day after the next. To which I just smiled. To which I just said I will.

I am bursting of laughter inside. I have really grown weird these years.

Comments

Popular Posts