Fragile

We shared two cups of coffee tonight making my sleep elusive. I have nothing special to write now. I haven't been writing well in the past days since I've been nursing my body. Sorry for the lack of word, but taking care of my body means different from nursing. Since I am allowing my body to heal, I think nursing can be a better word. Or is there a better word when you're resting to get well? Self-healing? I don't think so.

Dry cough and fever, if you may ask. There's nothing to worry. The doctor prescribed me something which I don't intend to take. I think enough hydration can cure me. Anyways, it's not bacterial, just a viral cough. I know this isn't serious. Bacterial cough would visit me once a semester because I'd relentlessly write for my subject. I'd read non-stop and sleep with sweat-soaked shirt. That's how sickness would invade my body and take the toll in my schedule.

When you're healing, you aren't expected to do anything. Just distract yourself from your sickness so the process will seem faster. It's out of your control. Your body will make a call whether or not you can hit the gym tomorrow or stay in bed for a day. Not mentioning that it would be your third day of unproductivity.

One thing sad about getting sick is that you realize you're a fragile being, and while you can take medicine to ease up the process, there could be regrets on how your fragility was overlooked.

One thing to do is to just trust your body. Train your body after getting sick.

Soon you'll need a stronger virus before a cold could catch you.

We adapt.

Look at me, tomorrow I'll try three cups of coffee.



Comments

Popular Posts