Things I haven’t read in months


It surprises me that the Filipino writers I am following are no longer updating their websites. It’s been months and I haven’t heard from them. Most of them are also educators from the big universities in the country and it’s not a coincidence that these folks are producing great contents. Since they share pieces from their professional and personal lives, I learn a lot from them.

Well, if there are people I would love to hear from, there are contents I have refrained from reading, at least for now:

1. Romance
2. Horror and/or Sadness
3. Marketing
4. “Self-help”
5. Spoken-word poetry
6. High school themed books (which are my favorite, tbh)
7. Sci-fi, light novels, abd anything Japanese 

I don’t feel reading these because I’m reading a lot of philosophy and history books and, of course, the Bible. I just enjoy the thought of reading more meditative books (it’s not that history books are something to meditate on, well).

Vacation is fast-approaching. I plan to spend a month in deep work on research and full pleasure of being on my own and discovering what I haven’t known about me.  

Til then.

Comments

Popular Posts