Table 33 and Accountability

Accountability has been a buzzword these days. I can hear them from leadership training, university,  corporate organization, military pep talks, and, of course, my favorite basketball players.

We hear them from people protesting against the government, demanding accountability.

In all areas of life, we need it. One of the things I've observed is how I've been lacking accountability, especially in my faith. There were ways I've done it using the 'Inner Rings' principle early this year. I might write about that next time.


Meet Table 33

This is what it feels like to have accountability partners. 


In CCF, we do fellowship each Friday. 

We call it B1G Fridays. It is where singles, mostly young adults, meet and gather in Jesus' Name.

I am new to B1G Fridays. I've heard about the B1G only early this year, and since I am too caught up with so many things, I didn't bother to have another commitment not until last week. It's merely by mere chance that I saw a suggested video of the fellowship as I was typically scrolling my feed (FB) last Friday.  Since I was also in distress due to several reasons, I just decided to watch it, and upon hearing that there will be breakout rooms as well, I didn't hesitate to join.

Upon joining, the facilitator welcomed us to 'TABLE 33.' It's just an assigned number for the breakout room, but since it rhymes well with what I'm looking for: accountability, it just really sticks to me,

The bro's hail from different places in the country. We even have two OFWs in the group. I wish I could tell every bit of interesting story there. Hearing their stories, coming from different backgrounds, social statuses, careers, passions, and interests, I've learned a lot from them. 


What I've Learned So Far


It all starts with honesty. The admission that we need each other, and we're created for one another makes this kind of accountability is really effective. Even to the secular point-of-view, the Alcoholics Anonymous, rehabs, and several accountability partners, all of them work by admitting that we can't make it on our own.

The early Christians didn't fail to meet in the temple courts. In fact, it is written in Acts 2:4-6 "Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts" Having people who are deeply concerned not only for your enjoyment but holds you accountable to the things that you are supposed to do, would really make your life better. In the case of this fellowship, it's not that we are centered on ourselves that's why we do these kinds of things. 

At the core of this, we are being exposed to the weaknesses and the need for Jesus. His love compels us to gather and keep being brothers in faith as iron sharpens iron.

Surely, there are several nuances in this kind of group. We barely know each other, and it would take time to be more comfortable to be more open to our 'private' lives. 

Bu praying for one another, showing kindness, and loving one another in Jesus's Name really works wonders. In His Grace and Mercy, what's lacking in the interactions is being filled.









Photo source: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bh-NUOXCIAEWm0k.jpg


Comments

Popular Posts