The Dip

 

I hit my heaviest weight by far.

This is despite my regular workout, and my consistent attempt to be mindful of eating.

At this point, self-pity kicks in. Maybe I'm really up to no good. I'll be overweight the rest of my life.  It's really hard to see something good with this, especially when you're banged at work. 

Or maybe that's beneath this. I've been working hard on my master's paper. Slept less, more stressful and so I gained weight. DESPITE THE EFFORTS.

This maybe is just a dip. Something that will wake me up on the process. I'll adjust things. Modify my schedule, add more rest days, include more accountability. 

What else can I do?

I don't wanna sound motivational, but I've been here before, and maybe it will be harder now, but I think it's still possible. A good system will always deliver even to the uninspired. 

(In my head right now)

Writing about this makes the process more bearable. After all, writing did save me from bad decisions before.

Writing about what I feel makes the doubts more controllable.

In this dip, numbers are an ally; word count; reps; a number of calories taken, a number of calories burned, so long as you continue, the results will follow. 

I enjoy this. The ups and downs, I enjoy progress and the lack thereof. It talks of the required discipline yet reminds me of the need for grace. 


Photo source: https://i2.wp.com/ast-ss.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/unmotivated-athlete.jpg?fit=700%2C467&ssl=1

Comments

Popular Posts