It's Already Christmas

..in the Philippines, that is. Every Filipino knows that after halloween is Christmas. 

I take advantage of the social currents of generosity, merriment and gratefulness to get through with an extraordinary year. It is now a morning routine for me to listen to one or two Christmas songs while planning for my day.

One thing I worry is that sometimes I end up planning for my Christmas break instead. I cannot help it. When there are lots of children singing Christmas carols on the street and some houses are already decorated for Christmas, I really feel that Christmas is very real.

Call this too soon, but the "spirit" of Christmas cannot be resisted. I might have misgivings about sensationalizing the season, but it does not hurt to make it on my side instead.

Comments

Popular Posts