My Kind of Friday

It was raining  this morning and there were very few jeepneys on the road. For sure, I would already be late by the time I arrived at the office. Since it was really stormy, I would not want to go to school only to find out that the classes were cancelled either. In short, there were a lot of valid reasons that I could make. I could hear all the excuses in my head.

There's just one thing I did after recognizing it: I did not look at my watch nor did I try to sneak a glance at someone else's. Even if I spent tens of minutes waiting for a jeepney; even when I strode across the floody road, I did not mind the time.

When I arrived, it turned out that my workmate was on leave and I needed to fill in for her.  

Again, I set my mind over the time it would take me to get the work done. Before the bell rang for the dismissal, I had already packed my things. 

The roads were dry as I went home, and this is definitely my kind of Friday.

Comments

Popular Posts