Long day

I just arrived home. The long day is now over, said Norah Jones. You know, I am fond of listening to her. I just find her voice really calming and the fact that her songs were mostly short, each song can fit to my nightly stroll in the streets of  San Antonio.

Don't worry because the night might be dark but the place is as safe as it has been. There are occasional drinkers who loiters, but they don't intend to harm. Haven't I told you about the funny incidence when my friend was called out by one of these drunk men? You would laugh how my friend was so nervous. I don't have enough time now, but I will surely find time to tell you when we meet.

I am burning the midnight oil now. It might be an overused idiom, but what else can I use to describe when my head starts to turn hot burning the oil in my face. It's not the right time to tell a bad joke, I guess, but when was it ever became right time for a guy with a failing relationship with humor?

You know me, I don't throw a lot of jokes but people still find me funny. I would want to tell a lot of things about what happened in my life but time doesn't permit. 

The idea of writing you a song visits me more frequent now, but in these times, that I rarely find the time to rest, all I can do is borrow lines from that song.

With no reprise 
The sun will rise 
The long day is over
(Norah Jones, The Long Day is Over)

The song is in a loop now. The long day might be over, but the song will love for hours longer.









Comments

Popular Posts