At Work

Whenever I wake up from a nap, I have this feeling of being saved in a tragic scene. Working in this office has been hard since our air-conditioning unit gave up on us two months ago. So whenever I am here, I am not particularly in comfort. We also don’t have internet connection which could have made my stay here meaningful because then I’d have more time to talk to my office mates.

 However 1) my cubicle is in awesome spot (meaning, it’s impossible to see what I’m doing) and 2) I don’t have friends. So it’s either I am extraordinary productive at work preparing for the lessons, or I’d be there to take a nap for an hour just to do my work again.

Okay, it’s an exaggeration that I don’t have friends here, it’s just my way of saying that  I don’t have workmates who are also my roommates, who will play basketball every other night and then share few drinks after. I don’t have workmates whom I can talk a lot of stuff with, and know them and their family’s whereabouts. Last year, working seems like playing. We were really helping one another, singing songs before we leave and of course, spending time with them means being teased for having no girlfriend. To which I’d reply while slightly laughing, “I just enjoy being single. They can’t be taken for a fool.

This is the same time last year, a week before December, when I decided to leave. I have gotten the job I have prayed for, but some things are making me think if I’ve ever made the right decision.

Mor so, it’s making me think why after four months, I am still finding the reasons to love my job. 

Being free to take some naps won’t cut it, that is for sure.

Comments

Popular Posts