Home Again

For months, you'd been so miserable trying to find your grip on some faltering pieces of your life.
Then for an instant, you suddenly realize that things turned around. At least for now. 

I was walking around the streets of elbi when I've thought that I am happy. I reckon the routine pre-pandemic as I walk along the now busy streets of Grove, Agapita, Umali. We even sneaked inside the campus just to take a look at the changes. It's as beautiful as ever: serene. 

As my breath becomes heavier, and looked at my phone. It's easy to find one of the culprits of my increasing weight  For the first time in months my step tracker displayed more than 6k steps in a day. There's still around 2k steps needed to go back to where I stay. But before that, I paid a visit to one of my friends around the campus, and set breakfast date (which didn't took place, by the way. That's because someone 10:30 am haha).

Had my coffee at Starbucks. I ordered the only drink I order there aside from tea: white chocolate mocha, grande'. I'm not really fond of their coffee, but where else should we stay, right? Coffee blends, one of the og cafes' in elbi has been permanently closed during the pandemic. When I get back here for work, Lord willing, I might look for another cafe' that I can come by each night for writing. Not too expensive, and a really good ambiance. Of course with freebies for regular customers. 

I feel bad for not being able to visit all my friends. A day is too short to get together with everyone. Seeing them will require long chitchats, of course. And I will need to respond to their 'queries.' That includes everything especially my love life (or the lack thereof).

We spent the night drinking soju (mix-drink of yakult and sprite) while playing ML. I needed to reinstall it just to bond with my friends. Had a good laugh, and received a lot of trolling for my bad gameplay throughout the night.




Then we began resting as the rain started pouring heavily. Still flushed from the alcohol, all I can do was smile as I lay in this cool dark room. This is living easy, I thought. This is being happy. 


Smile is still on my face as a lone passenger. I have easily uninstalled ML on the way home. The ecstasy from last night isn't that strong but didn't went away as fast as I feared. I suspect it will stay longer. I pray that it will.




It's still one hour to go before our house, but this familiar feeling tells me that I'm already home. 

Thank you, Lord. 







Comments

Popular Posts